SOUTH SOUND SPEEDWAY
2013 Stinger 8 RULES
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER:
The rules and/ or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptance requirements for such auto racing events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules.
NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND / OR REGULATIONS.
These rules and regulations are intended as a guide for the conduct of auto racing at South Sound Speedway and are in no way a guarantee against injury, or death to a participant, spectator, officials, or others.
The Race Director and/or Technical Director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications or rules herein, or impose any further restrictions that, in their opinion, do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF THESE SPECIFICATIONS OR RULES.
Any interpretation of, or deviation from these specifications or rules is left to the discretion of the Race Director and/or Technical Officials. Their decision will be final.
1. CONSTRUCTION RULES:
1. Any 4-cylinder car with a maximum wheelbase of 106.5” and a complete stock body, interior, frame and suspension. Dash, complete steering assembly, and pedals must remain stock for make and model. Rotary engines, turbo, and four-wheel drives are NOT allowed. No mid engine cars. If it doesn’t say you can, you can’t.
2. All carpet, mats, insulation, and panel covers must be removed from interior, trunk, and engine compartment.
3. The trunk must be able to be opened for inspection purposes. Positive metal fasteners or pins must be used on the right and left sides of trunk.
4. Cars will run a Figure 8 around the track.
5. Stock carburetor or fuel injection for make and model.
6. No aftermarket and/or performance engine parts allowed.
7. No lowering or alteration of stock factory ride height. No altering of frame or suspension to gain suspension travel. Example – notching and/or cutting.
8. Stock, unaltered transmission and rear end for make and model.
9. Stock coil and leaf springs only. NO aftermarket springs allowed. Nothing between coils.
10. Stock shocks, in stock mounting location with stock mounting hardware. NO aftermarket shocks allowed.
11. No chaining allowed limiting suspension travel.
12. No additional weight and or ballast weight is to be used at any time.
13. All flammable material must be removed, along with chrome strips, door handles, ornaments, etc.
14. A one (1) gallon radiator overflow metal catch can or stock factory plastic tank must be installed on the right side of the firewall and attached to the radiator overflow. Vent line from catch can or tank must exit on the lower right side of the windshield.
15. Exhaust must be stock for year, make, and model. Stock exhaust manifolds. NO headers. Exhaust system must remain in stock location securely fastened and must have a working muffler. If you have an after market exhaust system: (Definition: an exhaust put on at a muffler shop or bought at a parts store, or ordered out of the JC Whitney catalog, etc, etc, other than stock exhaust.) It must also remain as close to stock location as possible and be not bigger than 2” inside diameter. You may remove the catalytic converter and replace the stock muffler with a glass pack. Maximum sound level is 95 decibels at 100 Feet. Will be strictly enforced
16. One (1) battery allowed. May be relocated in a securely fastened contained battery box inside the drivers compartment.
17. TIRES: Tires must be approved factory D.O.T. passenger car tires only. 60 series or bigger with a maximum speed rating of H or less and 300 or higher tread wear. The Yokahama D.O.T. passenger car tires are NOT approved. NO NuTread, No racing style, and NO low profile type tires allowed. Each tire must have tread showing across the complete face of the tire. NO tire softener allowed. Technical Director’s discretion applies. The tire series and size MUST be clearly marked with white paint or chalk AT ALL TIMES for inspection.
18 WHEELS: Wheels are to be stock type only as per the factory. Stock factory aluminum or stock factory steel wheels allowed. Maximum 6” width on all wheels. NO alterations to the wheels allowed. NO racing wheels or home made wheels allowed. Technical Director’s discretion applies.
19. All glass must be removed with the exception of the front windshield. This includes headlights, taillights, etc. Vacuum up all broken glass. You must have two (2) 1’ x .125 straps outside windshield bolted to roof and cowl close to the centerline of windshield. If screen is used, it must be heavy duty 3/8” or 1/2” mesh with minimum of three (3) 1/2” tubes in front of the driver, no further right than the centerline of the car.
20. Two (2) upright bars are required using 1-3/4” x .095 minimum pipe with steel plates mounted vertical from the floorboards to roof with no less than four (4) 7/16” bolts and washers, 16 total minimum. Each upright pipe is required to have 1-3/4” x .095 kicker tube from the top of the upright post down to floor at an angle, welded to the upright pipe and bolted or welded to the floor at frame. The upright bars must be connected at the top and welded together by a connecting pipe.
21. Driver’s door and Driver’s area must be padded for safety.
21. Drivers door must be welded or chained closed, and have no less than 4” channel door bar extending 4” past front and rear door seams cut at an angle. A crossbar must attach directly to the door bar and extend across the interior of the car, from side to side, behind the drivers seat. It is mandatory to install a 4" channel door bar on the passenger side also. Also expectable is a 3 door bar style using 1.75 x .095 steel. Full cage recommended.
22. OEM stock factory mirrors only.
23. All bumpers must be stock type mounted in stock location. The front and rear bumpers must have straps either welded or bolted flush to the front fenders and quarter panels. You may also use a 2"x2" max 56" wide bumper with a top hoop welded on it for front protection. Bracing may be used from the strut tower forward to the bumper.
24. Car will have brakes in good working condition on all four corners of the car. No aftermarket brakes. Calipers must be stock OEM cast iron. No aftermarket proportioning valves and/or brake bias adjusting devices of any kind will be allowed. OEM master cylinder only.
25. NO tire softener allowed of any kind.
26. NO traction control.
(A) FUEL CELL:
1. Stock gas tank mounted in front of the rear axle may remain in place. All other stock gas tanks must be replaced with a steel boat tank or fuel cell, 8-gallon maximum. NO plastic boat tanks allowed. The fuel cell must be completely enclosed in a container of not less than 22 gauge steel. Relocate new tank to forward most part of trunk. Mount securely, no plumbers tape or rope. The cell must be covered to prevent any splash.
2. No exotic and/or fuel additives allowed. Fuel will comply with ASTM D4814, Standard Specification for Automotive Spark Ignition Fuel. No electric fuel pumps, no fuel cooling devices, no NOS, no Oxygen bearing agents, no Nitro, no HRB-11.
Factory bucket seat allowed. Custom manufactured, aluminum seat recommended. Seat must be securely mounted.
A quick release lap belt no less than 3" wide is required. Both ends of the lap belt and both ends of the shoulder harness must be fastened to the roll bar with Grade 8 bolts not less than 1/2" in diameter. The shoulder harness and lap belts must be bolted so that the ends of the belts move freely. Shoulder harness must be no less than 3" wide and must come from behind driver's seat max 3” below the drivers shoulders or less than 10 degree’s. Where the harness crosses the roll cage, it must pass through a steel guide welded to the cage that will prevent the harness from sliding side to side. Shoulder harness inertia reels cannot be used. A center (crotch) or submarine belt must be mounted to the lower seat frame at the bottom. Where the belt passes through the seat edges, it must have a grommet installed, be rolled and/or padded to prevent cutting. All seat belts and shoulder harnesses must connect at the lap belt with an approved quick release buckle. Seat belts must be dated by the manufacturer and must not be used beyond five (5) years after the manufacture date. If a HANS device is being used, then the HANS style seat belts may be used.
It will be mandatory for ALL Drivers to wear a helmet carrying a valid, orange SA2005 or newer, standard Snell sticker, at all times while on the racing surface. Helmets must accompany the car at time of all inspections. It is strongly recommended that all Drivers record blood type and RH factor, plus any major medical allergies to adhesive tape label to outside back of helmet.
Drivers must wear an approved Nomex or Proban driving suit at all times when the car is on the track. Driving suits must effectively cover entire body and meet a minimum sfi 3.2A/1 rating. It is strongly recommended that the Drivers wear Nomex underwear, headgear, socks, gloves and shoes made of fire resistant material.
(F) WINDOW NET:
A nylon window screen is mandatory The window screen must be a rib type, made from 1" wide nylon material with a maximum of 1-3/4" square opening between the ribs. The minimum window screen size shall be 22" wide by 16" high. It must release from top with a seat belt type latch, and it must be securely fastened on the bottom. Window net must be dated by the manufacturer, must meet SFI specifications, and must not be used beyond five (5) years after the manufacture date.
(G) FIRE EXTINGUISHER:
It is mandatory to have a Dry charged 2-1/2 lb. minimum, with quick release fire extinguisher. This fire extinguisher must be securely mounted to the frame and/or roll cage structure and must not use hose clamps, worm drive clamps, duct tape, or cable ties. It may NOT be taped to the roll cage. Must be fully charged. The gauge must be easily visible for the Technical Official to read. Recommended on-board fire extinguisher system.
It is mandatory that all entrants have in their pits, at all times, a fully charged 10 lb. Class B fire extinguisher, showing current inspection certificate and a visible operating pressure gauge.
7. GENERAL RULES:
(A) An ON/OFF ignition switch will be installed within reach of the driver when belted in the car. The on/off switch will be clearly marked. A MASTER on/off switch must be located on the roll bar directly behind the driver and accessible from the outside and must kill power to the entire car.
(B) NON CONTACT RACE
(C) Stinger 8 cars must be registered by South Sound Speedway and will be assigned a number. Call SHELLY CHASE AT 360-264-1692 for number. Last years numbers will be reserved until the January registration meeting, at which time the numbers will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Numbers are to be displayed on the car as follows: A minimum 20" high by 3" wide number is required on both door areas. A Minimum 30" high by 3" wide number is required on the roof of the car readable from the right side of the car. All cars must have a 5” number on the top right hand corner of the windshield and/or right head light cover. All numbers must be legible with paint schemes approved by South Sound Speedway. Sponsors names and lettering must not interfere with the car numbers. No Metallic or reflective numbers are allowed. They must be able to be seen at night across the track. South Sound Speedway retains the right to approve commercial or editorial messages on competing cars. Suggestive or rude remarks are not permitted on cars.
(D)Rainout Policy: NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. If ANY car takes the track for practice, there will be only a half rain check given. Full rain check only if cars have not taken the track.
(E)ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO INTERPRETATION OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS, ANY EQUIPMENT THAT THE OFFICIALS CONSIDER EXOTIC OR NOT IN THE INTENT OF THE RULES WILL BE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL FOR COMPETITION. IN THE INTEREST OF FAIRNESS, THE RULES MAY BE ADJUSTED TO CREATE A BALANCE IN COMPETITION OR FOR SAFETY REASONS.